Friday 22 November 2013

Beckhams donation to the British Red Cross

So, I was having a flick through twitter last night and for some bizarre reason I am following Victoria Beckham, I had been looking at all of her pictures from her new range that has been launched in Selfridges, then I came across one of her sitting on/in a big box. So I took it upon myself to have a little look and see what that was all about. Through reading her tweets I found the reason behind their generous donations. They have donated a huge pile of old shoes a clothes to a British Red Cross Charity Shop in Chelsea, London. They have donated the items in aid of Typhoon Haiyan, in the Philippines. People who were lucky enough to get their hands on the items were only allowed to purchase one item from the 20 boxes the Beckhams donated. Items ranged from £25 for a belt up to £250 for a suit/jacket, imagine how much money that made! What they did was a very generous thing, something more celebrities should do to help people in need. I, myself often donate my unwanted to clothes to Charity, anything from Shoes from Topshop, to Coats and Jumpers from Zara. They may not sell for very much money, but they sure do make such a difference to those who need it! So, how about you have a look through your wardrobes and see what you can find to donate? Mollie x

No comments:

Post a Comment